I wanted to be frustrated with CPS but I realized that it would just be a waste of my time. Last week, CPS was soooo adamant about placing Nanna with us by the end of the month. I thought we were all set up for Friday. I got everything together and took off of work for the next three weeks. But then I heard that the CPS worker couldn’t make it out on Friday morning (or didn’t want to pick her up), and so we could keep Na-na for the weekend and they would do placement next (this) week. I checked in with the foster mom. CPS didn’t even tell her they weren’t coming.
Friday came and went and we didn’t hear anything about a time for the next week. See this whole thing is hard for me to understand. In my job, if you couldn’t make it but you wanted to get it done the next week, you would be working on getting schedule aligned. I guess CPS plans on playing it by ear.
Sunday comes and it starts to get close to the time when we are supposed to take her back to her foster mom and I thought, “I really don’t want to take her home.” By this time, we had her for a total of 5 days – last weekend and this weekend. So I shot a quick text to our placement worker – I thought it would be a long shot actually. She wrote back and said it shouldn’t be a problem and she would call CPS in the morning to find out the placement date. Foster mom was cool with it but called her agency and requested that my placement worker call her to confirm. All is good. Baby stays with us.
Monday afternoon comes and we still haven’t heard anything on placement. Really?
By this time, she’s been with us four days in a row and we’ve decided she should stay with us. We think that sending her back to foster mom only to have her placed with us permanently in a couple of days would be too confusing. So once again, we asked the placement worker to intervene. She talks to CPS and they agree to let Na-na stay with us until placement happens which supposedly is supposed to happen this week.