A quick update on our foster care progress. Just a reminder, we are in the foster-to-adopt program for a African-American female, ages 0-2.
- Our homestudy was submitted for a little eight month old baby girl back in October. Time passed. We didn’t hear back in November so we assumed we weren’t shortlisted. This was confirmed last week.
- We were called for an emergency placement, even though we were not on the list at the time. A 3-month-old baby girl was being released from the hospital. She was drug-exposed and had surgery already in her young life. She had been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and another condition that I don’t remember the name of. She also had “feeding issues.” I called the Hubster and discussed but we decided to decline. We both work and this child sounded like she needed someone who could continue to manage her doctor’s appointments and had the time to work through any feeding issues. It just wouldn’t work for our family.
- We agreed to allow our homestudy to be reviewed by CPS for a kind of “in-the-air” situation for another eight month old baby girl but the court date was pushed back to January. The CPS worker liked our homestudy and profile book and wants our adoption coordinator to present us an at upcoming case update meeting. We are still in play for this one.
- We were presented with a situation today for a 11-month-old girl. The next court date for this case isn’t until late January so I am assuming that they will have the RAS before then. *shrug*
- We have put our names on the emergency foster care list and that is exciting and scary at the same time! Who knows what may happen with this situation.